Las Vegas is a great place to visit. However, it is suffering from a number of myths that we should dispel immediately.
- It is all about gambling: in reality, most of the revenues of casino are from hotel rooms, restaurants, and various attractions. So, even if you don’t gamble, there are more than a few things that you can do in Las Vegas. Today, Macau is already considered as the global capital of gambling. Macau has generated fast more revenue from gambling compared to Las Vegas.
- It is expensive: Las Vegas may seem to be a hedonistic place where people spend thousands of dollars each night without the slightest hesitation. However, there are affordable options that you can find easily in Las Vegas. There are even a number of free attractions. As an example, the MGM Grand Hotel offers the Lion Habitat, which a spacious area where lions live. People can get a very decent view of lions that walk near them, separated only with a glass. At the front of the Bellagio Hotel, you can see the dancing fountain, which is a combination of light, music and dance. It is a mesmerizing orchestration that will appease any audience. There are other interesting free attracting such as the artificial thunderstorm at the Miracle Mile shopping mall and the pedestrian mall at the Freemont Street Experience. Even if you spend much of your time at the Strip, you can keep your costs down. Casinos and hotels offer many free attractions and family budget restaurants can be found at different places at Las Vegas.
- Mafia still controls Las Vegas: the gambling industry already thrived in Las Vegas before mafia gained control of it. It is commonly known that prominent mafia leaders, such as Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky and Bugsy Siegel had big involvement in bringing investments to Las Vegas. In the United States, mafia is often associated with organized crime. However, the traditional enemy of mafia, the FBI swept into Las Vegas in the 1980’s to arrange and oversee the sales of casinos to other legitimate owners.
- Prostitution is legal: the Nevada state law establishes that brothels are allowed for counties with a population of less than 400,000 people. The population of Las Vegas is already more than 600,000 people. From 2009, prostitution has been made illegal in the Clark County, which includes the city of Las Vegas.
- It is not for kids: with all the above myths dispelled, it is clear that Vegas is a decent destination for families. There are various family holiday resorts that are established in Las Vegas. For family – friendly attractions, you can go to the Buccaneer Bay at the Mirage Hotel. The Circus Hotel –Casino has the Grand Alan Canyon water park, which includes 90-foot waterfall. You shouldn’t also ignore the natural appeal of the Clark County. The Wetlands Park allows families to do bird viewing, hiking and various activities at the pond. At Las Vegas, there are also plenty of family restaurants that allow families to enjoy great meals at affordable prices.