Daily food journal is essential to keep your meals healthy. If you want to implement a particular dietary lifestyle, daily journal can become a great feedback to know whether you are doing it right. By keeping a daily food journal, you can better commit to healthier lifestyle and at a glance, you will know what you are doing. You need to make sure that you stick with your commitment and you need to do better to improve things. With a journal, you can reduce sugar and caloric intake. You can also track how much vegetables and fruits that you consume each week. If you decide to keep a daily journal, you need to be fully committed to it or your journal won’t be accurate. Here are things you should do to keep an effective food journal.
- Include daily successes: You will feel motivated if you include your daily successes. You should keep daily progress and find out whether you have reached a milestone. If your goal is to become sugar free, you should be able to track how much sugar that you consume. Daily food journal can become an easy lifetime commitment and it’s something that can help to improve your health. If you are feeling good about yourself, you will be more motivated to keep up with your food journal.
- Track fat and sugar intake: Both can be very detrimental to your health if consumed daily at higher amount. If you are committed in having a low-sugar lifestyle, you should have no more than 12 teaspoons of sugar each day. Depending on your gender and body weight, there’s also the limit on the amount fat you can consume safely. Check online sources to know how much fat and sugar in each ounce of ingredient.
- Track your caloric intake: Daily food journal should help you to calculate how much calories that you consume each day. If you plan to have a weight loss program, women should consume no more than 1,200 calories each day and men should get no more than 1,500 calories. If you want to maintain regular caloric intake, it should be 1600 calories and 1800 calories, respectively.
- Track your weight loss progress: Daily food journal should help you to chart weight loss progress. Daily weight reduction effort is proven to work well. With the journal, you will not need to guess anything. Each week, you will know whether you lose or gain a pound. Based on the results, you know what adjustment that you should make. You can look back and review your eating habits.
- Track your ingredients: Choosing the right ingredient should be common sense and the journal could help you to eat in a different way. In your journal, you should write down nutritional summary about an ingredient, so you don’t need to check the labels all the time. As an example, if an ingredient has a high amount of sugar or fat, you can make conscious effort to reduce or eliminate its intake. If you want to use ingredients with high amount of sugar or fat intake, you can adjust the proper size.