Without doubt, Paris is one of the most popular cities in the world. It has captured the imagination of people. Tourists from around the world are flocking in Paris to do many exciting things. Here are things you should do while in Paris.
- Arc De Triomphe: Arc de Triomphe is located on the most popular road in Paris, Champs-Elysees. It was built by napoleon to commemorate his victories. It was also the spot of many solemn occasions, such as during state funerals and when Germany captured Paris in 1940. When visiting arc de Triomphe, you can check the tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Basilica du Sacre Coeur: It was constructed to commemorate the Franco Prussian war in 1870. The cathedral is known for its luminous white facade. It also has a big dome at 200 feet high. It is a unusual church with the obvious byzantine design. Inside Basilica du Sacre Coeur, you can one of the biggest mosaics in the world. The cathedral is located on a stunning hilltop that overlooks the city. For any tourist, Basilica du Sacre Coeur is a marvel to see.
- Afternoon cafes: when visiting Paris, in would not be complete if you don’t go to local café in the afternoon. For Parisians, it is the time for them to spend time with friends and family. For travelers, spending time in café in the afternoon is a good time to relax after a busy day. When visiting a country, it is a good idea to do what locals do.
- Centre Georges Pompidou: Centre Georges Pompidou still has the ability to see any traveler in Paris. It is the place where you can find the national museum of modern art that has a vast collection of about 40,000 artworks, however only 800 are displayed at any one time, due limitation of space. There’s also a theater where you can see performance of dance and music. Just outside the building, performances are also available outside, where numerous street performers who congregate to attract the attention of passers-by.
- Eiffel tower : it is the most popular and recognizable structure of Paris. It was originally intended as a temporary tower during the Universal Exhibition in 1889. Due to its popularity, the tower is preserved until today. Right now, we can see thousands of travelers from around the world, who gather around the Eiffel tower each day. When visiting Eiffel tower, it is recommended to go to the observation decks to see the incredible view of Paris from above.
- Jardins des Tuileries: Jardins des Tuileries is a lovely garden located in the center of Paris. It was designed by Andre Le Notre, who also built the garden at the Versailles palace. The garden is dotted with beautiful fountains and statues. It is a wonderful place for strolling and during summer, we can see many people gather around the fountains to escape from the heat.
- The Louvre: The Louvre is one of the most popular museums in the world. It is the home of many famous paintings, such as Venus de Milo, Winged Victory and the legendary Mona Lisa. The museum keeps about 400,000 artworks. At any given time, only about 35,000 are displayed. The Louvre has seven departments. Its artistic collection range from antiquities from Ancient Egypt era to modern pieces made in recent years. When choosing the Louvre you should also take picture near the controversial glass pyramid.