When you are planning to go to Disneyland, you should get the most of the experience. Here are a few top tips that you should know before planning your trip to Disneyland:
- Buy your tickets in advance: by buying in advance, you may get various deals not available if you purchase tickets in the same day. As an example, you may get discounts for various drinks and snacks.
- Avoid the crowd: this is quite obvious, but many people still visit Disneyland during peak season, even if they can actually visit the park during low season. You should avoid Easter or spring break. The period between the Presidents Day and the Memorial Day is usually less crowded. However, you could only spare time to visit Disneyland during holiday season. In this situation, you should visit Disneyland during weekdays, so it will be slightly less crowded. Also, California typically has mild and pleasant weather, so you don’t need to be worried.
- Go at weekend during off season period: if it is of season and the number of people who go to Disneyland is the least for the year, then it’s a good idea to visit it during the weekend. There are many extra shows and activities during the weekend, including the spectacular fireworks s show.
- Get the front seat: the best seat in Disneyland is directly in front of the castle. If course, it is nearly impossible to get that position during peak season and weekends. So, you may need to do it during weekdays in off season period.
- Watch the parade of dreams strategically: if you wait for the parade at the main street, you will wait for a long time. The parade begins at the “it’s a small world“ sign. You can also wait for the parade at the Matterhorn. After watching the parade early, you can do other activities, while people on the main street are still waiting for the parade.
- Get free snack: in the California adventure, you should visit the mission tortilla factory and the basket tour. You will not only see how they make tortilla and sourdough bread, but you can get the tasty, fresh sample as well.
- Interact with popular characters: depending on your favorite characters, you may visit the Goofy‘s Kitchen, Lilo and Stitch Aloha Breakfast, Chip n’ Dale Critter breakfast or Ariel‘s Princess Celebration. The highlight of these dining events is that you can get closer interaction with favorite characters. To enjoy these experiences, you don’t have to be a guest of the hotel where the event is held.
- Stay at one of the three Disneyland resorts: these three hotels have their own unique personalities. If you are a budget traveler, you should choose the paradise pier hotel, which is the most affordable. The Grand Californian and spa hotel is a deluxe option of all three. It is also located directly inside the theme park. On average, these resorts can be more expensive than other hotels in the area. However, you may get lower prices by booking in advance.