It was the first summer after college. A friend of ours had moved to Denver over a year ago and we decided to go and visit her for the summer. At the airport, we jumped into a Sixt Denver rental car and geared ourselves up for the great adventure that Denver had to offer.
Being the planner of the group 3, I had a list of things we would do during our time there. Of course, it wasn’t set in stone and we were open to suggestions from our gracious host. However, we had to make time for;
- The old buildings
- The dinosaurs park
- The red rocksamphitheater
- A festival or two
The experience more than exceeded what we had imagined. Denver indeed is a hotspot of activity. I don’t I can adequately describe but let me try to break it down for you.
- Theme and amusement parks. The thrill seeker ready for the ride of their life or a chiller person looking for lessadrenaline-fueled fun, none will be disappointed. Be it the gut-churning 17 storey high 50mph spinning roller coaster rides at the Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park to cool off in the splashing water slides at Water World, all your needs are catered to.
- Architecture. Take a trip downtown and marvel at the Union Station and the LoDo historic district. Between the Colorado State capitol sitting exactly one mile above sea level with the panoramic view ofsnow-capped mountains and the Denver Art Museum, made of two spectacularly stunning architectural marvels, it was hard to choose a favorite.
- 16th street mall with shopping, outdoor cafes, cinemas, after dark horse-drawn carriages, a million twinkling lights, thrilling night spots, artsy cafes, the mile-long pedestrian promenade is a hive of activity. Go shopping in the numerous stores or do some people watching as you sip on some coffee at a café.
THE ARTS AND CULTURE
- Denver Art Districts.The city has seven art districts and note this, every first Fridays, they hold art walks open to the public. Discover a thriving creative community that includes galleries, artist studios, and restaurants with everything including sculptures, photography, paintings, and graphic designs.
- Performing arts.Watch a musical at the Buell Theatre in the Denver performing arts complex or attend a symphonic performance by the Colorado Symphony, the region’s only full-time orchestra.
- Museums.Denver is home to museums galore. From the Denver Museum of Nature and Science with exhibitions into the world of nature and ancient history that will amaze and astound to the after-hours programs at various other museums that will have you garner skills like rock painting r henna tattooing.
THE MUSIC AND NIGHTLIFE
- RED ROCKS AMPHITHEATRE.Easily the world’s best concert venue, attending a show here should be on your Denver bucket list.
- Night clubs.On any given night, the will be an artist playing at one of the clubs. I guarantee you it will not be like any other ordinary night out.
One can’t possibly exhaust the amount of fun activities you can get up to in Denver, but as we got into that rental car back to the airport, my friends and I knew that we had definitely left a huge portion of our hearts there and already we were planning for the next trip back to this magical city.